Red 5’s exploration strategy at Darlot is aimed at establishing long-term satellite ore feed for the KOTH Processing Hub from the Darlot underground mine and potential surrounding deposits.
To deliver on this goal, the Company has three workstreams underway to extend the mine life at Darlot.
Underground and surface drilling programs to extend the Darlot Mineral Resource
- Extending existing Resources, including identifying mineable remnants
- Step-out underground exploration using existing HiSeis 3D seismic data
- Resource extension drilling underway
- 22,500m of UG drilling in FY 2021
- Surface drilling primarily focused on the Great Western, Mission and Cable, Ockerburry and Mt Zephyr target areas to further delineate the extent of the mineralised systems
Regional targets within economic trucking distance of the KOTH and Darlot mills
( click to enlarge image )
Red 5 is assessing opportunities to acquire additional deposits that lie within the economic trucking distance of the Darlot and King of the Hill mills.
Recent acquisitions include the Ockerburry Hill Project, the Great Western deposit, the Cables and Mission deposits and the Emperor and King of the West Projects, as well as a Farm-in and Joint Venture Agreement over the Mt Zephyr and Darlot East Gold Projects.